Sunday, January 23, 2011

"I'm gonna..." blah blah blah


I'm trying to stop saying "I'm gonna..." and just do the things I want to do. The things I need to do in all aspects of my life. Like Nanowrimo, and write, and save money, and clean, and figure out a more suitable career path, and etc. So, what's the first thing I do... sit here and talk about it. Well, I'm not really talking all the details. Just giving a general idea of what I'm talking about. This change has come about in baby steps. In part, through reading books (or blogs?) about writing. Someone wrote that people who talk too much about their writing, never really get around to writing it. It's as though the use of energy is wasted in their talking about it. And then the listeners give too much feedback that stops the process. I may be combining what two different people hypothesized, but that's how it lodged in my head. Also, I've always been the type who thought New Years Eve resolutions seemed a little odd. All of the adults in my life always chose something that they didn't stick with for more than a few days. So, why say something, that you know you aren't going to stick with, was what I found myself thinking. And it seemed like, the louder they said it and the more people they told... the shorter length of time they stuck with it.

So here I am, trying to just do the things I need to do. I've been trying to do this for awhile now. And it's getting a smidge easier. I'm talking about it today because I'm excited. Today I got off my butt, in frigid temps. And instead of having the Sunday blues -- dreading work tomorrow -- and hiding in the apartment, we went to the Horse Expo. While it wasn't much for a non-horse owner, it was also something HUGE. I got to meet a Friesian. I've loved Friesians since I was a teensy little girl. Not only did I get to see a Friesian up close, I got to see it ridden by Julio Medoza. Apparently, a very good rider/trainer. Friesians. Nice. It took my breath away. I almost cried. What a gorgeous creature. A living machine. omigod. Do I sound like a whackadoo? I can't help it. There are just certain breeds that I've always wanted to see, and this was one.

Yay me.

Now, gotta go. Things to do. And I'm not gonna say just what. Have a great evening.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I like your idea here. We have a saying in our house ... Don't say what you're going to do, say what you did! It seems to give projects energy this way.

And what a beautiful horse, they're so amazing to watch. Especially the interaction between rider and horse, the way they are really connected to each other. Looks like a great time.

Dawn Anon said...

It was a great time...watching that horse and rider. I could have watched for hours...

I like the saying at your house and I agree.

Thanks for visiting me! It's great to have a visitor.